Principle scientist or Scientist, Neuroscience Translational Medicine Biomarker Discovery, NS DDU, Research
This position seeks a scientific expert with a strong neuroscience background and experience in the drug discovery and development for neurological disorders. The primary role is to provide translational and biomarker strategy leadership, as well as conducting the lab bench research including biomarker discovery and the assay development to support Takeda’s neuroscience projects
- Provide early identification and implementation of translational biomarkers to support the drug discovery and development strategy.
- Verify and develop translational molecular biomarkers to accelerate drug discovery and bridge pre-clinical and clinical development using a combination of a wide variety of data (e.g. proteomics, transcriptomics, genomics,, clinical phenotypes).
- Elaborate robust and precise biomarker assays quantifying protein and mRNA using human and non-clinical fluid and tissue samples.
- Develop and utilize cutting edge translational research platforms using clinical samples to identify biomarkers that reflect disease mechanism and/or drug target pathway
- Plan and execute the biomarker discovery and development research using variety of cell and molecular biology expertise for assigned program(s).
- Lead scientific discussions with internal and external stakeholders globally to provide translational biomarker plan and the execution as well.
- Synthesize and interpret variety of complex data to build an integrated translational research strategy including disease and drug mechanism elucidation.
- Represent Takeda and establish and maintain scientific dialog with clinical translational experts in medical, academic, pre-competitive consortia.
- Prepare and review scientific reports in a timely manner and present data to internal and external stakeholders.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Ph.D. or equivalent in the fields of pharmacology, biology and/or physiology and a minimum of 2 years industry or academic experiencein CNS/neuroscience translational research.
- Recognized expertise in translational biomarker discovery and development as demonstrated by publications, regulatory submissions and/or national or international presentations.
- Understanding of the requirements for drug development, regulatory processes, and early clinical development to enable translational research.
- Effective communication/ logical thinking/ strategic planning/ independently effective.
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills in Japanese and English
- Experience and expertise in the field of RNA processing machinery and their pathway analysis using transcriptome data (eg. next generation sequence).
- Experience in handling of clinical and non-clinical samples and in development of high-sensitive immunoassay.
- Bioinformatics skills to analyze next generation sequence (eg. mapping, gene expression, pathway analysis) using software or programming.