Your new company
A global cloud communications provider, based in the UK.
Your new role
The role helps ensure network and voice services securely support global business operations, delivering business value through technology improvements whilst driving performance and availability to improve SLAs, security and compliance and platform expansion.
What you'll need to succeed
The key deliverables, critical for effective performance e.g. customer satisfaction, and a brief description of why it is important
- Network optimisation and improvement: optimise the network by monitoring performance, troubleshooting problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with the team on network optimisation and improvement with global cover. Implement tools & automation to improve quality and reduce effort. Deliver industry leading network security operations.
- Problem solving: diagnose and quickly resolve a wide range of networking issues to ensure our platforms maintain their high availability for international clients. Pro-actively address security threats, delivering a competition beating service in both quality and cost.
- Service management: deliver network services to customers (both external & internal), maximising satisfaction and meeting SLAs. Pro-actively monitor and troubleshoot incidents and problems prior to customer service impact where possible. Contribute to customer solution designs and the cloud innovation roadmap.
- Establish the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation and defining, documenting and enforcing system standards.
- Design, document and build data and voice connectivity solutions to support growth. In some instance, this will involve physically implementing hardware in sites such as data centres.
- Work with the wider Operations team to implement and integrate designs into existing platforms.
- Assist with the ongoing assessment and maintenance of Platform networks (patching) globally.
- At all times consider and satisfactorily address Network/Platform security.
Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science or related subject Professional level network certifications (CCNP/CCDP/CCNA)
Good experience as a Network Engineer
Good understanding of Data Center networking (Nexus, Arista, VX-LANs, SANs) and WAN networking
Experience of latency sensitive cloud application deployment in a private and public cloud (AWS or Azure) including migration strategy and execution
Software-defined networking (SDN, SD-WAN) and NFV experience
Experience of dynamic routing protocols, high availability and low latency networks obtained in a global role Prior hands on infrastructure network automation experience (Python and Ansible preferred)
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary and an opportunity to grow as part of an international team of industry experts.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1092849