Your new company
A global leader in microcontrollers
Your new role
· As part of the Network Operations Team, provide support for day-to-day operational tasks associated with management of an enterprise network environment. This includes securing and operating all facets of LAN, WAN, WLAN, and Voice services.
· Manage network projects which will include solution design, development of plans, project schedules and communication of status updates on project milestones.
· Provide support to remote sites, working with site personnel to identify and resolve network related issues.
· Occasional project-based travel and flexible to work outside of local business hours.
· Deliver continual system improvements and optimization.
What you'll need to succeed
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other technical discipline preferred
· Multilingual with Japanese and English written and verbal skills required.
· 3+ years’ experience required supporting a multi-site IP-based network environment participating in design, implementation, maintaining and troubleshooting aspects of the network.
· LAN knowledge should include a working knowledge of Layer 2/3 switching, IP routing technologies and cabling infrastructure standards as well as configuration and implementation experience. Experience with configuring and troubleshooting network switches and routers is required.
· An understanding of WAN architectures, including site-to-site VPN and packet switching technologies such as MPLS is desirable. Must be able to use troubleshooting skills to isolate WAN related problems and work with service providers on resolution.
· Knowledge of security frameworks. Experience in configuration and maintenance of NGFW with UTM and ATP. Fortinet experience a plus.
· Must be able to work effectively with peers in a team-oriented environment, lead network related projects and take ownership of problem resolution as required.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1091536
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Rina Mashimo, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Tokyo Head Office