Top tier multinational securities firm is looking for several operations specialists
About the company
Their purpose is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, they partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, they serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. They provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Your new role
The Global Markets Operations Japan team is looking for a candidate to join the Japan Equity Transaction Management team. The team provides operational supports to various Equity Global Sales & Trading desks for institutional clients trading across Japan and global markets. They are primarily responsible for post trade processing such as trade allocation, booking and confirmation for institutional clients.
Day to Day operations include:
- Post trade processing such as trade allocation, booking and confirmation for institutional clients trading in Japan and global equity markets.
- Ensure trades are booked accurately in a timely manner.
- Investigate and resolve all trade exceptions and reconciliation.
- Legal confirmation generation and delivery
- Application of ETF creation and redemption
- Client static set up including onboarding new clients/trade flows and setting up new accounts.
- Engage in ad-hoc projects and initiatives including liaison with internal and external counterparties globally.
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure while adhering to tight deadlines
- Strong team player and ability to work well independently and collaboratively with peers and stakeholders
- Attention to details and the ability to process tasks accurately and in a timely manner
- Control focused with a good understanding of risks and the impacts of errors
- Proficient in using Excel and other MS applications
- Business level in written and spoken English / Japanese to be able to communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Background in Securities Operations is preferable
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Banking & Financial Services
Banking and Financial Services
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Mai Miyata, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Tokyo Head Office