Your new company
At Hays, we believe the right job can transform a person’s life and the right person can transform a business. We are on a mission to transform the world of work in everything we do. Our people do this every single day by bringing the right people together with the right job to make a lasting impact. Now you can be part of that journey by working for the market leading specialist recruitment consultancy globally and influencing our internal people strategy.
Your new role
Reporting to Senior HR Manager, Japan & Talent Solutions India within the People & Culture team in Asia, you will provide HR services to our internal employees across Japan, directly managing one HR Coordinator. You will oversee the day to day HR functional deliverables and play a pivotal role in managing the employee journey from onboarding to separation. You will partner with the business, providing key stakeholders HR advice, and work alongside Senior HR Manager on HR projects and programs for Japan and/or Asia.
What you'll need to succeed
- Oversee the daily operations of the HR function for Japan, including, but not limited to onboarding, employee benefits, performance management, policies & procedures and employee engagement & retention
- Provide support to Senior HR Manager in rolling-out employee engagement activities designed to motivate employees and drive a high-performance culture
- Keep abreast of local HR trends and developments to provide further recommendations for improvements
- Develop communication material for HR programmes and activities to convey desired messages clearly and effectively to the targeted audience
- Provide sound advice on employee relations, acting as a trusted advisor
To be considered for this position you will need to demonstrate:
- A track record in developing strong and trusted relationship with stakeholders at all levels across a business
- Have sound demonstrable knowledge of Japanese employment law
What you'll get in return
- Excellent people management, coaching and development skills
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- An innovate approach to developing the employee experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Japanese.
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to work for an employer who is passionate about people and who is looking for a true business partner who can make this role their own. You will be offered a competitive salary package, health and lifestyle rewards and the opportunity to work in a supportive and people focussed environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.