Your new company
Our client provides investment management, servicing and administration; research and trading; and financial data analytics for institutional investors.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Lead a team of Corporate Secretaries
- Facilitate Shareholder, Board of Director and Committee meetings including development of agendas and meeting logistics
- Gather meeting materials, enforce deadlines, and follow up on action items
- Ensure Board, Branch and Shareholders’ meetings are held in accordance with requirements of the corporate legal entity governance code, the Japanese Companies Act, the Companies’ Articles of Incorporation, JFSA, JSDA and BOJ regulations and guidelines with special attention regarding fire wall regulations
- Attend meetings and ensure minutes are accurately recorded in English and Japanese and promptly distributed
- Maintain statutory registers such as members, company charges, directors, and secretaries etc.
- File statutory returns and information with Company Registrars to report changes regarding the company or to comply with applicable laws and regulations such as annual returns, change of Directors etc.
- Monitor and implement procedures to facilitate compliance with relevant regulatory and legal requirements
- Review developments in corporate governance, facilitate the induction of new directors and advise and assist Directors with respect to their duties and responsibilities, and compliance with company laws
- Monitor changes in relevant legislations and the regulatory environment
- Coordinate with APAC Corporate Secretary and the Legal Entity Oversight Committee to comply with and improve corporate legal entity governance standards and maintain up-to date information on Blueprint.
- Manage and maintain company rules, board minutes and other governance materials
- Administer and maintain Diligent Board Books, a web-based tool for distributing meeting materials
- Proactive in implementing ideas and suggestions to improve board and committee efficiency
- Communicating and coordinating with internal teams both onshore and offshore
What you'll get in return
- Proactive and “can do” attitude for the role
- Proactively support President & CEO as well as Planning Department in general
- Embraces State Street’s “corporate values” and support a work environment reflective of those values
- Understanding of compliance and the regulatory environment
- Ability to work effectively with executive management levels
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently as well as be an effective collaborator
- Demonstrates effective time management skills and has proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
10 years of experience, Company Secretarial experience is a plus
Demonstrated competence in verbal and written communication in both Japanese and English
VERY COMPETTIVE salary package
Work at the office & remote work options available
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.