Your new company
A global well established financial institution
Your new role
- Design, code, debug, build, test, and deliver software solutions to automate manual operational work
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
- Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions
- Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns.
- Lead and participate in performance tests; identify bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization and capacity demands.
- Engage with development team, or external service provider where it is applicable, throughout the life cycle to help develop software solution for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
- Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
- Coach or manage teams as applicable
- Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
What you'll need to succeed
- Mastery in at least two or more programming languages ( e.g. Python, Java, Go etc..) with respect to designing, coding, testing, and software delivery.
- 7+ years of Software Engineering experience, using one or more object oriented programming languages and/or scripting.
- 5+ years of Application Support and Project Management experience.
- Working experience in designing disaster recovery or/and high availability solutions.
- 5+ years experience in two or more of the following areas (encourage applying to this role if you have good core experience in at least 2 areas):
- Hand-on experience with cloud-based applications, technologies and tools, deployment, monitoring and operationssuch as Kubernetes, Prometheus, FluentD, Slack, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana, etc.Relational and NoSQL databases; developing and managing operations leveraging key event streaming, messaging and DB services such as CassandraMQ/JMS/Kafka, Aurora, RDS, Cloud SQL, BigTable, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cloud Spanner, Kinesis, Cloud Pub/Sub, etc. Networking (Security, Load Balancing, Network Routing Protocols, etc
- Language: Fluent oral and written Japanese and English.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.