Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
The Accounts Payable Manager will manage the accurate and timely recording, payments, analysis and communication of business information for the Japan entities. Manages a team of supervisors and staff members to provide guidance on complex business issues. Provides leadership and direction to supervisors with both technical and administrative responsibilities for a team staff. Overall payment and verification practices have been established, but there is a continual need to interpret, coordinate and change recording activities resulting from constantly changing business conditions.
Managing People: 5 Full Time Employees, 4 Agency Staff
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Managing Accounts Payable Operation, such as invoice posting, vendor payments, salary payments, employee reimbursements, vendor master maintenance, and accounts payable balance management
• Leading the team to focus on process simplification and standardization and digitalization as well as productivity improvement by challenging traditional methods
• Managing business risk and governance including Sarbanes-Oxley internal controls
• Project management – Assist corporate initiative and own process improvement
• Managing the team of staff personnel and their workload by setting expectations and prioritizing the work and projects.
• Evaluating staff performance, participating in hiring process, providing career guidance and training direction, and promoting team work and rewards in order to ensure employee engagement to meet corporate strategic goals.
• Collaborating with internal and external parties as appropriate
Required skills & qualifications:
• Bachelor degree in Accounting or equivalent or non-accounting bachelor degree with a minimum of 18 hours accounting or business coursework.
• Excellent English (TOEIC 850 or above) and Japanese language skills (speaking and writing)
• Good IT skill (Accounting sys, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Power BI or other specialized skills in data automation)
• Accounting work experience of 5 years or more
• Professional Certification (Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or equivalent) or in process of obtaining one
• Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional, cross-cultural peers while maintaining an enterprise perspective
• Demonstrate high levels of initiative, leadership, good judgment and superior communication skills.
• Strong analytical, process improvement, problem solving and human relations skills
• Understanding of accounting and business processes, and enterprise operation Excellent analytical skills on financial information
Desired skills & qualifications:
• Accounting system experience with SAP.
• In-depth knowledge of Caterpillar accounting practices and systems
• Experiences in professional accounting firm
• Supervisory experience
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits along with the potential of a variable bonus.